Today's Beautiful Hadith is about Piety


Narrated Kharija bin Zaid bin Thabit: Um Al-`Ala' (RA), an Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet (peace be upon him) said to me, "The emigrants were distributed amongst us by drawing lots and we got in our share `Uthman bin Maz'un. We made him stay with us in our house. Then he suffered from a disease which proved fatal when he died and was given a bath and was shrouded in his clothes, Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) came ane I said, 'May Allah be merciful to you, O Abu As-Sa'ib! I testify that Allah has honored you'. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, 'How do you know that Allah has honored him?' I replied, 'O Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him)! Let my father be sacrificed for you! On whom else shall Allah bestow His honor?' The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, 'No doubt, death came to him. By Allah, I too wish him good, but by Allah, I do not know what Allah will do with me though I am Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him). ' By Allah, I never attested the piety of anyone after that."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 2, Book 23, Hadith 6)

If the Prophet (peace be upon him) could not be sure of his own outcome, how can we assume our own? None of us is guaranteed Paradise and we should use every moment we have to gain blessings, seek forgiveness and build on our purpose here on Earth. Be good to others, live in peace and worship Allah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Omar Kanoute Save A Mosque In Spain

Prophet Musa (Moses) Peace be upon him